Google, New York, NY
- Create and maintain documentation for Google Ad Manager
- Create and maintain documentation for Perspective API, a Jigsaw product
- Represent Google at university recruiting events
- Design and develop websites meeting each client’s needs including parallax WordPress blogs, mobile design, and interactive content.
- Write documentation for clients to maintain and update their websites.
Featured clients: Human Rights Watch, Opportunity Music Project, Lee Anav Chung White Kim Ruger & Richter LLP
Technical Documentation and Education Manager
Joyent, San Francisco, CA Remote
- Lead the effort to create getting started materials for Triton, including blog posts and screencasts, filling a content gap for a previously unsupported audience.
- Write and evolve documentation standards, procedures, processes, and best practices to ensure product documentation is clear, correct, and complete.
- Present technical training and webinars, live and pre-recorded, on cloud computing.
- Collaborate with engineers who write the initial API, SDK, CLI, and similar documents to review for accuracy and update to match Joyent standards.
- Create a guide for contributing authors and edit materials before published to joyent.com.
WNET, New York, NY
- Established a technical blog for WNET’s engineers, which defined our expertise in the PBS and WordPress communities and gave prospective clients insight into our processes.
- Defined the product roadmap for the design, development, testing, and launch of the Interactive Engagement Group’s rebrand, leveraging user research and data to build insights which doubled external client inquiries.
- Developed and maintained object-oriented WordPress themes and plugins for internal departments, PBS headquarters, and external clients, such as Bill Moyers.
- Tested and iterated website prototypes with integrated data analysis, user research, and client feedback to ensure the clients’ objectives were met.
Digital Marketing Manager
- Analyzed key performance metrics and optimized digital properties, with results compiled in a monthly digital reach report for the executive team and board members.
- Lead product for JCCA’s extranet including internal and external technical support, content strategy, and communication management with the CMS developers.
- Developed and managed nine WordPress sites, building custom branded themes and populating content, to best reach JCC Association’s stakeholders.
- Increased newsletter open rate from 16% to 35% with updated CTAs, content, and design.
- Trained JCC professionals in web development best practices, marketing, and social media.
View all upcoming and previous engagements.
B.A. with Honor, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, December 2011
Professional Writing (major); Emphasis in Digital/Technical Writing
Theater (minor); Digital Humanities (specialization)