Google, New York, NY
- Create and maintain documentation for Google Ad Manager
- Represent Google at university recruiting events
- Design and develop websites meeting each client’s needs including parallax WordPress blogs, mobile design, and interactive content.
- Write documentation for clients to maintain and update their websites.
Featured clients: Human Rights Watch, Opportunity Music Project, Lee Anav Chung White Kim Ruger & Richter LLP
Technical Documentation and Education Manager
Joyent, San Francisco, CA Remote
- Lead the effort to create getting started materials for Triton, including blog posts and screencasts, filling a content gap for a previously unsupported audience.
- Write and evolve documentation standards, procedures, processes, and best practices to ensure product documentation is clear, correct, and complete.
- Present technical training and webinars, live and pre-recorded, on cloud computing.
- Collaborate with engineers who write the initial API, SDK, CLI, and similar documents to review for accuracy and update to match Joyent standards.
- Create a guide for contributing authors and edit materials before published to joyent.com.
WNET, New York, NY
- Established a technical blog for WNET’s engineers, which defined our expertise in the PBS and WordPress communities and gave prospective clients insight into our processes.
- Defined the product roadmap for the design, development, testing, and launch of the Interactive Engagement Group’s rebrand, leveraging user research and data to build insights which doubled external client inquiries.
- Developed and maintained object-oriented WordPress themes and plugins for internal departments, PBS headquarters, and external clients, such as Bill Moyers.
- Tested and iterated website prototypes with integrated data analysis, user research, and client feedback to ensure the clients’ objectives were met.
Digital Marketing Manager
- Analyzed key performance metrics and optimized digital properties, with results compiled in a monthly digital reach report for the executive team and board members.
- Lead product for JCCA’s extranet including internal and external technical support, content strategy, and communication management with the CMS developers.
- Developed and managed nine WordPress sites, building custom branded themes and populating content, to best reach JCC Association’s stakeholders.
- Increased newsletter open rate from 16% to 35% with updated CTAs, content, and design.
- Trained JCC professionals in web development best practices, marketing, and social media.
B.A. with Honor, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, December 2011
Professional Writing (major); Emphasis in Digital/Technical Writing
Theater (minor); Digital Humanities (specialization)