- Design and develop websites meeting each client’s needs including parallax WordPress blogs, mobile design, and interactive content.
- Write documentation for clients to maintain and update their websites.
Joyent, San Francisco, CA Remote
- Create introductory documentation, including blog posts and screencasts, filling a content gap for a previously unsupported audience with business objectives and expansion in mind.
- Build and manage advanced documentation for Joyent products and systems administration.
- Collaborate with the distributed teams for product, design, engineering, and marketing to ensure the content is kept up-to-date with the product lifecycle.
- Collaborate with the marketing department to keep content on-brand and provide solutions for new and existing customers.
- Lead webinars and training on cloud computing, APIs, microservice management, and Docker.
WNET, New York, NY
- Established the editorial process for a technical blog which defined IEG’s expertise in the PBS and WordPress communities and gave prospective clients insight into our processes.
- Defined the product roadmap for the design, development, testing, and launch of the Interactive Engagement Group’s rebrand, leveraging user research and data to build insights which doubled external client inquiries.
- Developed and maintained object-oriented WordPress themes and plugins for internal departments, PBS headquarters, and external clients, such as Bill Moyers.
- Tested and iterated website prototypes with integrated data analysis, user research, and client feedback to ensure the clients’ objectives were met.
Digital Marketing Manager
- Analyzed and defined key performance metrics and optimized digital properties, with results compiled in a monthly digital reach report for the executive team and board members.
- Developed and managed nine WordPress sites, building custom branded themes and populating content, to best reach JCC Association’s stakeholders.
- Owned all facets of JCCA’s extranet including providing internal and external technical support, producing a content strategy, and managing communication with the CMS developers.
- Increased newsletter open rate from 16% to 35% with updated CTAs, content, and design.
- Trained JCC professionals in web development best practices, marketing, and social media.
- Codecademy, “Technically Speaking: How to Improve Your Code with Technical Writing,” September 2015
- Fusion RiseUp, “NASA Creates Community (And You Can Too),” November 2014
B.A. with Honor, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, December 2011
Professional Writing (major); Emphasis in Digital/Technical Writing
Theater (minor); Digital Humanities (specialization)